Applying for the exhale
AN INNER JOURNEY TO UNDERSTANDING, WITHOUT OUTWARD EXPECTATION. A PLACE WHERE WE CAN LEARN TO EXHALE
The mastercourse The Exhale fosters musical freedom, inspiration as well as musicality as a whole – based on a harmonic balance of concentration and performance along with physical and mental well-being. The Exhale will take place from 13-19 April 2020 in Ligerz at the Lake of Biel, Switzerland. The Exhale is made possible thanks to generous support from foundations.
Individual Lessons: Violin, Viola, Violoncello.
Group Lessons: Chamber Music with and without Piano, Improvisation, Yoga (all levels of ability), Yoga Therapy, Meditation, Breath Awareness, Dispokinesis, and more.
You will have the opportunity to enjoy solo and chamber music coaching at the highest level from a faculty of acclaimed international musicians: Matthew Jones, Tim Kliphuis, Gwendolyn Masin, Ruth Phillips, and coach Tomasz Domanski. You will also experience ways to move which cultivate awareness of physical and mental habits with Clare Nicholls and Franziska Huber. Clare has been consciously working with her body through yoga asana since 2001; Franziska is an expert in the field of body-work and posture awareness in connection with instrumental playing, both in Switzerland and overseas. Furthermore, two full-time chefs will nourish each participant via conscious eating, using fresh, local produce and explaining the whys and wherefores of cooking for active performers and musicians.
Terms and Conditions:
- The deadline for applications is 5pm on 3rd April 2020. This is the date by which all applications must be received.
- A maximum of 36–48 participants will be accepted, approximately 12 violinists, 12 violists and 12 cellists. Pre-formed ensembles are also welcome.
- If you are interested in only particular aspect(s) of The Exhale, such as workshops or individual lessons, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees: At The Exhale, there are three categories regarding fees into which you may fall.
- Scholarship-supported professional music-students. These subsidies are provided by The Exhale in cooperation with kind support from donors and foundations. This pricing category is only available to a limited number of professional music students currently enrolled in an institution of international standing who can show that they come from financial backgrounds where participation would not be possible without scholarship funding. We kindly request references.
- A mid-range price category for students and professionals.
- A regular-price category for those with standard income.
Early bird price until 15 February 2020. See application form below.
Prices for individual courses or workshops by arrangement.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 10th March 2020.
- Applicants should be performing at Bachelor of Music level or higher. A select number of younger, gifted students may also be accepted if always accompanied by a guardian during the time of The Exhale, as well as advanced amateur musicians.