Daunted by buying a stringed instrument? Don't know where to start? Was Stradivari a genius? What is the difference between a Stradivari and Guarneri and how to tell what model your violin is? Old versus new? How to select a violin?
So many unknowns, but don't worry, this class will help you develop the confidence to make a good purchase.
We are delighted to welcome Sean, director of Bishop instruments & bows, one of Europe's premier instrument shops, to discuss the following topics:
1. Basic history: who made the first violin?
2. From Maggini to today's makers
3. Stradivari: was he a genius?
4. Guarneri family: was Del Gesu that good?
5. How to tell the difference between these makers
6. Easy tips to tell how good a violin/viola/cello is
7. What to look for in a new violin
8. Old v new makers, what is best?
9. Undervalued makers
Sat 17. October 2020, 7:00–7:45 Recorded Class
General Enquiries & Supportzen@the-exhale.com
© 2021 The Exhale
Create New Account